The 3rd Generation Partnership Project 2 is a cooperation of 5 standardisation bodies to standardise CDMA2000. The members of 3GPP2 are:
- ARIB - Association of Radio Industries and Businesses (Japan)
- CCSA - China Communications Standards Association (China)
- TIA - Telecommunications Industry Association (United States)
- TTA - Telecommunications Technology Association (Korea)
- TTC - Telecommunications Technology Committee (Japan)
CDMA2000 is one of members of the IMT-2000 family of standards of 3rd generation mobile communications. The most important opponent is UMTS that is standardised by 3GPP.